...

Monday, May 9, 2016

How to get lavender hair

1. Prep your hair. I put on coconut oil throughout my entire head, put it in a plastic bag, and waited 3 hours so it can sink into my hair. This provides a barrier between your hair and the bleach, but it doesn't affect the performance of the bleach. DO NOT SHAMPOO IT OUT! LEAVE IT IN AS YOU APPLY BLEACH TO YOUR HAIR.

2. Bleach your hair. Please PLEASE take the time to apply the bleach evenly to your hair, because it'll make applying the hair dye so much easier. Also, make sure the hair is a light yellow color (similar to the color of the inside of a banana peel). Make sure there are NO orange tones in your hair. I sectioned off my hair into four parts and then applied the L'Oreal blue bleach with the Clairol 30 volume (white bottle) developer.
    

3. TONE your hair.  I used the Wella T18 toner all over my hair with a small bottle of Clairol 20 volume developer.



4. I used Manic Panic Ultraviolet hair dye mixed with a ton of dollar tree conditioner. I left this in for 3 hours. DO NOT SHAMPOO YOUR HAIR! Just rinse the color out as much as you can and condition it again.

 (with flash)

5. This is the end result! When it fades out, there's still some darker blonde spots, but I don't really mind. It adds dimension and all my friends said it looked nice. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment