...

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Beautiful Fall Lipsticks (Pt 1)

by Kelly Leem

photo 1.JPG
Lime Crime Velvetine in Salem on left
The leaves are falling with beautiful colors of red, gold, orange, and brown and the weather’s getting colder. Fall is a beautiful season that consists of dark colors that complement each other. In this season, burgundy-reddish colors seem to catch people’s attention the most. I would know since so many people have asked me and complimented me on the dark red lipsticks I wear specifically for the fall.
Some fall lipsticks or er lip “colors” are the Lime Crime velvetine in Wicked, Maybelline’s creamy matte lipstick in Divine Wine, and NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Dark Red.

~This doesn’t really count as a “Lipstick” since it’s a creamy formula that smells like crayons and cupcakes that goes on like a gloss but dries to a smooth matte finish. I’ve heard so many people talking about this color on youtube and I decided to give it a try. I went to Urban Outfitters in Manhattan, where they exclusively sell Lime Crime and bought it for $20 (pretty pricey I know).


Pigmentation: *****
It definitely is a very VERY pigmented color. When you swipe it on, it goes on velvety, and sort of feels like the NYX matte lip creme. The color in the bottle is the color on your lips.


Packaging: *****
I love the little rose packaging on the cap, and the blurry looking glass (adds a luxurious feeling to it). Since roses are my favorite flower, the packaging definitely caught my attention.


Staying Power: ***
I was confident this would stay on my lips for a very long time, but ended up it faded around the corners of my mouth and in the center of my lips, making it look patchy and blech. I had to reapply and it looked fine, but it started feeling sticky and that sticky feeling would not go away. Not what I expected.

~Tip: Apply it in smaller layers. Apply your first layer, let it dry (blot off any excess) and then apply another layer. I recommend 2 layers since this is a pigmented product. Also, use a lip liner for a longer lasting wear on your lips.

Application:****
It goes on so soft and the little doughfoot applicator feels ticklish and soft on my lips. Make sure you exfoliate your lips before applying this otherwise your lips will look patchy and very messy. I


Overall: 4.5/5
I really like this lip color! This is a true dark red. It didn’t really last as long as I wanted it too, but reapplying doesn’t really bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment