...

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Blistex Soft and Lush Lip balm


     I already have a lip balm that I'm really liking, but I had to buy this. I saw a commercial about this lip balm and I have to say, they did a great job at advertising it! As soon as I saw it at CVS, I immediately grabbed it. I couldn't resist it. I love the cherry blossom visuals on the cover and the soft pink theme that's going on. It's just so cute!

Smell: *****
-When I smelled my dad's original blistex lip balm (the one in the blue container), it smelled very strongly of minty cough drops. It wasn't unpleasant but it wasn't pleasant either. But, when I opened the bottle and smelled this lip balm, I wanted to eat it so badly because it smells like really sweet vanilla sugar cookies.

Texture: *****
-It's very smooth and buttery, and glides on the lips so nicely. It's clear, so it doesn't add any tint to your lips except a beautiful shine.

Lasting power: ****
-After drinking and eating, I felt it wearing off on the corners of my mouth, but it stayed put on my lips until I wiped it off.

Packaging: *****
-I love cherry blossoms, so I was immediately attracted to buying it. The soft pink theme makes it look very feminine and cute looking. Plus, the lip balm fits nicely in my makeup bag without taking up too much space.

Price: *****
-I got this for $3.99 at my local CVS store. I think it's a good affordable price for  lip balm, considering the fact that the EOS ones cost me about $4.29.

Overall: *****
-It's so cute, it's softens lips and makes them smooth feeling even after wiping the lip balm off, and it has such a sweet smell. I'll definitely be repurchasing this and stocking up on it! I highly recommend this for drier lips for added moisture and softness.

Note: My lips were already soft and weren't as dry. If you have very dry and peeling lips, I recommend you exfoliate your lips first with a sugar scrub and applying a thicker lip balm like the rose bud salve (which helped me with my extremely chapped lips because it allowed the drier parts of my lips to peel off to reveal the softer skin of the lips).


No comments:

Post a Comment