...

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Rosebud Salve: Strawberry Lip Balm


      I was running out of my original Rosebud Salve lip balm, so I decided to go for this strawberry one since strawberry is my favorite flavor. I'm naturally skeptical of trying out new lip balms because they either really moisturize my lips or they just sit on top and leave them dry. This lip balm definitely protected my lips from the harsh winds of winter and moisturized them

Texture: *****
-The texture is more harder then the original Rosebud Salve, as it felt like Vaseline and jello mixed together. This strawberry one is much more harder and solid, and it has a thicker consistency when picked up with the fingers. It's not as glossy when put on the lips as the original one was, but it definitely adds a nice shine.

Packaging: ****
-It's not as pretty as the other version of the rosebud salve lip balms. It has a yellow bronze tin color to it and the green lettering doesn't really blend well with it. I really like the strawberry though because it stands out the most. People complain that the pot style is unhygienic, but I have no problem with it. As long as you pick the lip balm up with clean fingers, it shouldn't really be that contaminated.

Smell:*****
-I was really worried that this would smell really really artificial, but it surprisingly didn't! It smells like strawberry smoothies. It has a very sweet smell to it. My guy friend sniffed it and said it was a nice smell.

Price: ***
-I'm on the fence about the price. The quality is nice, and you get a good amount of product. A little goes a long way, but a small lip balm like this, I feel like the price was a bit...over the top. But, like I said, the lip balm is potent so a bit of product can cover your lips really nicely. You get what you pay for, and the lip balm takes forever to use up!

     For anyone who has really dry lips, I recommend you try this out. I usually use this during the winters since my lips get more chapped. What this lip balm does (and I found the original lip balm to be like this as well), is it moisturizes the top layer of your lips and then when removed with a towel, it removes the dead skin on top. You can even peel off the dry dead parts of your lips to reveal the plush and soft skin underneath! I mean, that's how it works for me. But, it also does a nice job at moisturizing the lips. I use this lip balm before I go to bed, and I also use it for the mornings.


No comments:

Post a Comment